The releasing of the KCPE results on 28th March as usual bore a lot of emotions for many guardians. 2021 KCPE candidates completely outdid themselves and performed extremely well. The Education CS noted that there will be bursaries that will be offered by the government. This includes about 9000 students who will receive the bursaries this year. Not all students, however, will receive that hence the need to have more options to ensure complete secondary education schooling. Below are the various banks offering scholarships to students that are brilliant but financially challenged.
The Wings to Fly scholarship program is an initiative of the Equity Group and Mastercard Foundation (MCF). It was started to support secondary education for extraordinary students academically. It mostly aims at children from financially challenged backgrounds. Students enjoy the following benefits from the scholarship;
1. Tuition fees payment for the whole four years of secondary education
2. Books and uniforms
3. Transportation and pocket money up to form four.
- Must be in the top 5% in your sub-county academically.
- You should be from an economically disadvantaged background
- Should be a Kenyan Citizen
- Must have your result slip
How to apply
- Go to form page: Wings to Fly Application forms
- Register using a valid email and phone number
- You will receive an activation code via email
- Enter the confirmation code
- Click activate account
- Proceed with filling your application details. These details include Academics, Family information and Evidence of financial struggle
- Download recommendation and declaration form. Fill it, scan and upload it.
The cooperative Bank Scholarship, like wings to fly, is a Foundation scholarship scheme for bright but less endowed children. Students facing difficulties in paying school fees for secondary education are encouraged to apply for this scholarship. The scholarship beneficiaries are selected every year from the 47 counties in Kenya. Each of them enjoy a full 4-year secondary education scholarship.
- You must have qualified with a minimum of 350 points in the K.C.P.E examinations
- Students must be from a needy family that is unable to support secondary education
- At least one of the parents of the student must be or was at one point a member of a cooperative society
- Orphans are eligible provided at least one of the deceased parents was a member of a co-operative society.
*Applications forms for the cooperative bank foundation scholarship can be accessed at any cooperative bank branch. This can either be country wide or any local cooperative bank agent in Kenya.
3.Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB)
Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB) awards over 200 secondary school education scholarships to needy students who sat for KCPE and passed well every year. Students enjoy the following benefits;
- Payment of school fees for the 4 years of secondary school.
- Support for personal effects and assistive devices for students with disability.
- Internship and employment opportunities.
- Quarterly one-on-one mentorship sessions with KCB branch staff
- annual holiday mentorship program.
- Students must come from a needy home
- The applicant must attain the prescribed county cut off marks in the KCPE examination
- Applicants must have a calling letter to a National or county/extra-county secondary school.
How To Apply
- Get the scholarship application form from any KCB Branch or download from the bank’s website.
- Complete the application form and attach the following; KCPE result slip and admission letter from a national or extra county or county school.
- Applicants should bring their completed application forms to the respective interview locations
- Details of the interview locations and dates can be found from any KCB branch. KCB staff teams conduct the eligibility interviews.
Home visits are conducted to verify the needy status of the shortlisted candidates.
Family Bank of Kenya offers scholarships to Kenyans wishing to continue with their High School education. The awarded scholarships cater for both tuition and upkeep of the beneficiaries.
1.The students must have achieved the required score. You can contact your nearest Family Bank branch for more information.
2.You must have an acceptance letter to a National or County School.
3.Applicant must demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
How to apply
- Pickup an application form at any Family Bank Limited Branch. Alternatively, download the application form from the Family Bank Foundation site.
- Complete the application form, attach all required documentation and return to your nearest Family Bank branch
Only successful candidates receive this scholarship.